Volunteer We love our volunteers and interns!
We have many volunteer opportunities for community members who are interested in donating their time to work in Catalyst’s programs.
Volunteers may provide a variety of services based on their competence in certain areas, their professional and personal experience, and their educational background. Opportunities include:
- Crisis intervention on the 24-hour hotline
- Crisis intervention in our housing programs or drop-in offices in Chico and Oroville
- Assistance in the Children's Program
- Legal advocacy and court accompaniment
- Educational groups for HAVEN residents
- Providing information at community events
- Administrative assistance
Responsibilities for all volunteers include:
- Minimum commitment of 6 months and approximately 4 hours per week
- Completion of screening and background check
- Completion of 40-hour domestic violence crisis intervention counselor training (CA Evidence Code 1037.1)
- Participation in continuing education
If you are interested in joining the Catalyst team please download and read the following documents. At the end of the online application, you will be prompted to agree to the responsibilities listed in the job description and to the training dates listed in the schedule. If you have further questions, please contact Max at 530-343-7798 or e-mail her at email@example.com. Training is required for all new volunteers, interns, and staff. Class space is limited to 20 total participants. Apply as soon as possible. Interview is required.
Current volunteers please click here to login.